Available Units - Maplewood Terrace Apartments -
- 274 South 14th Street, New Castle, IN 47362
- Maplewood is a "near-elderly" property and the age requirements are 50 or over to qualify for admission.
- For handicapped or disabled applicants (as defined in the Admissions Policy), the age limit does not apply.
- Income limits: Household income from all sources, including actual income from assets (stocks, bonds, CDs, rental property) and “imputed” income from real estate, etc. cannot exceed the following HUD established limits
- 1 Person - $34,200
- 2 Person - $39,050
- There are no assets limits for admission, only income limits apply.
- An applicant who has disposed of property or assets within the past two (2) years in order to to meet income limits is not eligible.
- All eligible applicants are placed on a Waiting List according to the preferences established in the Housing Authority’s Admission & Continued Occupancy Policy.
ABOUT THE APARTMENTS:
- All apartments are one (1) bedroom units, and all apartments are identical with the exception of nine (9) first floor units which are adapted for the wheel chair disabled.
- 550 square feet of floor space. Living room approx. 12’ by 15’ and bedroom approx. 9 1/2’ by 15’.
- Stove and refrigerator are furnished.
- Windows measure 72” by 60”, sheer draperies are furnished and must remain at windows.
- All utilities are furnished. There is a $5 per month surcharge for air conditioning.
- Each apartment has VHF/UHF connection; however, cable television is available at resident’s expense.
RENT & OTHER CHARGES:
- Rent is approximately thirty (30) percent of monthly household income.
- Security deposit is $250. Pet deposit is $300.
- Rent is based on income, and rent adjustments are made annually following an annual re- examination. Rent revisions may be made between re-examinations for significant changes in income or allowable medical deductions, etc. Flat rents are an option for higher income households. The Flat Rent amount is $441.00.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Applications are taken at the Main Office, 274 So. 14th Street (Maplewood Terrace) and at the Section 8 Office, 720 So. 15th Street, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily, Monday thru Friday (except holidays).
- In special circumstances, other types of application arrangements/locations may be made.
- Income limits mean that applicants whose income exceeds the limit amounts are ineligible.
- Application does not guarantee housing, applicants are screened for suitability before placement. See Section 4.F. of the Admission & Continued Occupancy Policy which is available for inspection in the lobby of the Main Office.
- To be kept active, applications must be updated (renewed) at least annually.
Maplewood Terrace is an Equal Housing Opportunity apartment complex. Minority and disabled applicants are encouraged to apply and are assured of equal and fair treatment in all aspects of the application process.
Website developed and maintained by Solutions Unlimited, Inc.
Last Updated: Wednesday, December 12, 2018